The shortlist for the 33rd Arthur C. Clarke Award has been announced:
- Semiosis , Sue Burke (HarperVoyager)
- Revenant Gun, Yoon Ha Lee (Solaris)
- Frankenstein in Baghdad, Ahmed Saadawi (Oneworld)
- The Electric State, Simon Stålenhag (Simon & Schuster)
- Rosewater, Tade Thompson (Orbit)
- The Loosening Skin, Aliya Whiteley (Unsung Stories)
Judges for 2019 are Kris Black, Rhian Drinkwater, Kari Maund, Chris Pak, and Andrew Wallace, with Andrew M. Butler serving as the non-voting Chair of the Judges.
Award director Tom Hunter said,
Our 6 shortlisted titles were selected from a record-breaking 124 eligible submissions, and as the imaginative breadth of SF publishing in the UK has grown so too has the challenge for our judges. With this shortlist they have successfully melded multiple definitions of the genre into a celebratory whole that both upholds the best traditions of science fiction literature and beckons us towards exhilarating new futures.
The winner will receive a check for £2,019 and an engraved bookend in an award ceremony on July 17, 2019 at Foyles Bookshop in London, UK. For more information, see the Clark Award website.
Source link: locusmag.com